We’ve all been there. These are the common reactions book lovers display when faced with people who say they don’t read.
1. Before you can stop, you vocally show your disbelief.
2. Even if you can contain it, your face reveals your displeasure.
3. Not to mention body language.
4. If you happen to ask the person why he or she doesn’t read, then you always hear an unsatisfactory answer.
5. “I don’t have time.”
6. “It’s boring.”
7. “I don’t like it.”
8. “I haven’t read a book since high school.”
9. “I don’t see the point.”
10. “I watch movies, I don’t read books.”
11. You lecture about the benefits of reading.
12. If that doesn’t work, then you feel the need to get away from them as soon as possible.
13. Which, depending on the person, can be quite emotional.
14. A new friend, or potential romantic interest, for example.
15. What to do next? Keep reading.