Everyone will want to join your incredibly fun book club when using these 10 ideas.
1. Get to know everyone, and choose a name for your book club
Of course book clubs are about reading and discussing books, but they are also about finding new friends and having fun.
Be aware of all participating members’ schedules. Try to pick times and dates when everyone can attend.
3. Alternate club meeting locations
A change of scenery does a book club good. Alternate your book club gatherings at different members’ houses, or try cafes, restaurants, libraries, bookstores, or even parks.
4. Consider books by local authors when choosing a new book club selection
Because, if you ask them, those local authors will probably jump at the chance to visit your club for a discussion about their book.
5. Always be democratic about the book selection process
Because even if you’re technically “running” the club, no one wants to hang out with a dictator.
6. Relax the rules
This goes along with #5. You want your book club to be fun, not intimidating or intense. If you enforce a list of rules on your members, you may soon find yourself in a club of one.
7. Be okay if someone in your book club does not finish reading the book club selection in time for discussion
Life got in the way. Invite them to participate in the conversation anyway.
8. Remember the nibbles
9. And wine
10. Say thank you to your fellow members with a book-themed gift
Because everyone likes to be appreciated. And there are tons of cute and inexpensive bookish gifts available, like this book pin.