Table for one? Perfect! Here are 8 reasons to read in restaurants as well as other dining establishments including bars and cafes.
1. Because books make great company when you are dining alone.
2. Plus food and books go well together.
3. Not to mention books and coffee!
4. Because other people will notice. You might even start up a conversation with a fellow diner about what you’re reading.
5. Because it’s adequate payback when your companion takes out a smartphone.
6. And sometimes—OK, a lot of times—the dialogue happening between the pages is more interesting than the dialogue happening at the table.
7. Think of it as the ultimate self-care: Reading destresses you while the food nourishes you.
8. “Indeed, there is something about reading in a restaurant that is borderline romantic…”―Tom Raabe