Here are 10 reasons why fall is the best season to read. Do you love reading books in autumn as much as we do? Did we miss a reason? What’s on your fall reading list? Tell us in the comments section below.
1. This summer you slacked off on your TBR list. No worries. The slowdown period between the end of summer and beginning of fall is a great time to catch up on all those books you didn’t get a chance to read at the beach or pool.
2. Two words: Fall releases!
3. If you’re back in school armed with textbooks and loaded with homework, then you especially enjoy those moments reading fiction.
4. Those crisp autumn days are perfect for reading outdoors.
5. When the weather turns stormy and daylight gets shorter, the best place to be is indoors with your favorite book.
6. Because big books and big sweaters just go well together.
7. Not to mention books and beds…
8. Food too. Summer is the season for cold drinks and salads. When autumn arrives you’re ready for hot drinks and real food again. Hot chocolate, coffee, and tea, homemade cookies, slices of pie, and of course all things pumpkin… It’s no wonder reading and snacking go well together, especially in autumn!
9. Halloween is fun because you and your book-loving friends get to dress up in literary-inspired costumes.
10. Reading helps take the stress out of the approaching holiday season.